Developed and maintained by the Division of Legislative Automated Systems.
House Militia, Police and Public Safety
Bell, John J.
Friday, 9:00 a.m., House Room C
Legislation reported out:
(registered users: create
- HB 51 Weapons other than handguns; purchase by certain officers.
- HB 73 Driving while texting; fines.
- HB 83 Federal firearms laws; enforcement.
- HB 90 Virginia National Guard; possession of handguns by members at certain facilities.
- HB 91 Telephone systems within correctional facilities; commission payments.
- HB 111 Virginia National Guard; extends reemployment & nondiscrimination rights.
- HB 147 Criminal Justice Services, Department of; issuance of photo-identification cards.
- HB 198 Conservator of the peace, special; application for appointment by locality.
- HB 206 Firearms, certain; identification requirement.
- HB 301 Officer-involved shootings; VSP shall include in annual Crime in Virginia report.
- HB 332 Concealed handgun permits; judge, etc., may carry wherever he travels in the Commonwealth.
- HB 368 Firearms; disposition of those acquired by localities.
- HB 382 Firearms; control by state agencies, rights of employees.
- HB 461 Handheld personal communications devices; use while driving, penalty.
- HB 481 Compliance with detainers; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- HB 766 Concealed handguns; carrying with a valid protective order.
- HB 784 Firearms; possession by persons adjudicated delinquent, military service exception.
- HB 809 Firearms; selling, bartering, etc., to persons not lawfully present in United States, penalty.
- HB 810 Assault weapon; transfer of firearm, proof of citizenship.
- HB 1051 Virginia Defense Force and Virginia National Guard; military discipline.
- HB 1052 Virginia Defense Force; clarifies definition of training duty.
- HB 1096 Firearms; regulation by state entities prohibited.
- HB 1161 Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act.
- HB 1163 Concealed handgun permits; recognition of out-of-state permits.
- HB 1175 Virginia National Guard and Virginia Defense Force; pay allowance.
- HB 1281 Concealed weapons; exemption for certain retired officers from prohibition to carry.
- HB 1322 Correctional officers; survey upon resignation, termination, or employment transition.
- HB 1330 Private police departments; successors in interest of an entity.
- HB 1348 Smoking in motor vehicles; presence of minor under age eight, civil penalty.
- HB 1386 Firearms shows; voluntary background checks by Department of State Police.
- HB 1391 Protective orders; possession of firearms, penalty.
- SB 4 Weekend jail time; replaces the provision limiting nonconsecutive days.
- SB 49 Protective orders; possession of firearms, penalty.
- SB 124 Parole; transition assistance prior to parole or release.
- SB 198 Concealed weapons; adds any employee with internal investigations authority designated by DOC.
- SB 205 Handguns; purchase by certain officers.
- SB 293 Virginia National Guard Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Program and Fund; established.
- SB 296 Conservators of the peace, special; required criminal history record information check required.
- SB 323 Firearms; no person who is subject to an emergency protective order.
- SB 350 Prisoners; treatment to those unable to give consent for medical or mental health treatment.
- SB 424 Criminal Justice Services, Department of; issuance of photo-identification cards.
- SB 479 Law-enforcement officers, retired; authority to carry concealed handguns.
- SB 544 Concealed handgun permits; exemption includes any judge or justice of the Commonwealth.
- SB 608 Firearms; confiscation, reporting, and return by law enforcement.
- SB 610 Concealed handgun permits, out-of-state; photo identification issued by government agency, etc.
- SB 615 Purchase of weapons other than handguns by certain officers.
- SB 626 Carrying concealed handguns; protective orders.
- SB 715 Firearms shows; voluntary background checks by Department of State Police, penalties.
- SB 781 Correctional facilities, local; facilities transporting prisoners.