- Code of Virginia
- Virginia Administrative Code
- Constitution of Virginia
- Uncodified Acts
- RIS Users (account required)
- Bills & Resolutions
- Bill Summaries
- Reports to the General Assembly
House and Senate documents
Developed and maintained by the Division of Legislative Automated Systems.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:
1. That the Code of Virginia is amended by adding a section numbered 1-240.1 as follows:
§ 1-240.1. Rights of parents.
A parent has a fundamental right to direct the upbringing, education, and care of the parent's child.
2. That the provisions of this act are declarative of existing law.