Developed and maintained by the Division of Legislative Automated Systems.
Guardian and Ward
(1995 thru present)
a report or
- 1995 - HB 1886 Appointment of guardians.
- 1995 - HB 1920 Temporary guardianship orders.
- 1995 - SB 988 Guardians ad litem; appointment.
- 1996 - HB 622 Power of attorney.
- 1996 - SB 245 Guardians for persons under a disability.
- 1996 - SB 408 Guardians and conservators.
- 1997 - HB 622 Power of attorney.
- 1997 - SB 408 Guardians and conservators.
- 1997 - SB 1038 Guardianships and conservatorships.
- 1997 - SJ 306 Study; standby guardianship.
- 1998 - HB 511 Standby guardianship.
- 1999 - HB 1633 Guardians and wards.
- 1999 - HB 1920 Guardianship or conservatorship.
- 1999 - SB 1030 Guardianship and conservatorship.
- 2000 - HB 826 Custody and care of ward and estate of minor.
- 2001 - HB 826 Custody and care of ward and estate of minor.
- 2001 - HB 1578 Service upon guardian ad litem in guardianship cases.
- 2001 - HB 1981 Guardians and conservators.
- 2001 - SB 908 Guardian ad litems.
- 2002 - HB 1213 Guardianship and conservatorship; court costs and fees for attorneys.
- 2002 - SB 36 Subsidized guardianship of children living with relative caregivers.
- 2003 - HB 2549 Subsidized guardianship of children living with relative caregivers.
- 2003 - SB 36 Subsidized guardianship of children living with relative caregivers.
- 2003 - SB 728 Subsidized guardianship of children living with relative caregivers.
- 2003 - SB 749 Subsidized guardianship - children living with relative caregivers.
- 2004 - HB 308 End-of-life-care decisions; appointment of guardians and agents of incapacitated persons.
- 2004 - HB 494 Guardianships; provisions for requests by child for incapacitated parent.
- 2004 - HB 961 Mentally retarded persons; appointment of guardian or conservator.
- 2004 - HB 984 Conservators & guardians; defin. to include tax-exempt org. that provide services to incap. persons.
- 2004 - HB 1103 Guardians of incapac. persons; prohib. from seeking change in marital status w/o court approval.
- 2004 - SB 19 Guardians of incapacitated persons; prohibits change in marital status without prior court approval.
- 2004 - SB 35 Guardianship of children; subsidy for relative caregivers.
- 2004 - SB 362 Disabled parking license plates & placards; issuance to parents & legal guard. of persons w/disabil.
- 2005 - HB 961 Mentally retarded persons; appointment of guardian or conservator.
- 2005 - SB 719 Public guardian and conservator program; changes in provisions.
- 2006 - HB 796 Uniform Transfer to Minors Act; allows two people to be joint custodian for single minor.
- 2006 - HB 1583 Identity theft; protection of incapacitated people thereof.
- 2007 - HB 2741 Guardians and conservators; use of real estate professionals.
- 2007 - HB 2767 Fiduciaries; presumption of prudence.
- 2007 - HB 2831 Transfers to minors act; enables custodian of trust to transfer property without a court order.
- 2008 - HB 325 Guardians ad litem; dissemination of criminal records.
- 2008 - SB 247 Involuntary commitment of minors; appointment of counsel and guardians ad litem.
- 2009 - HB 1657 Appointment of guardian/conservator; when court hearing petition therefor, spouse may be appointed.
- 2011 - HB 2085 Guardianship; child custody.
- 2012 - HB 1010 Guardian appointment; concurrent commitment hearing.
- 2012 - SB 8 Guardians; disposition of remains.
- 2012 - SB 9 Guardianship; restriction of visitation.
- 2012 - SB 115 Wills, trusts, and fiduciaries; revising and recodifying laws.
- 2013 - SB 759 Guardianship and conservatorship; makes various changes to laws.