9VAC25-91-60. Administrative fees.
A. Fees are assessed for review of oil discharge contingency plans (ODCP). An application for review of a contingency plan will not be accepted unless the required fee has been received by the department.
1. Fees shall be paid in United States currency by check, draft, or postal money order made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia. When the department is able to accept electronic payments, payments may be submitted electronically.
2. The fee, together with the application and oil discharge contingency plan, shall be sent to the department at the following mailing address:
Department of Environmental Quality
Office of Financial Management
P.O. Box 1104
Richmond, VA 23218
3. Notifications and correspondence for which a fee is not applicable should be mailed to the department as specified in 9VAC25-91-70.
B. ODCP application.
1. ODCP application fees are as follows:
a. For a facility with an aggregate aboveground maximum storage or handling capacity from 25,000 gallons up to and including 100,000 gallons of oil the fee is $718;
b. For a facility with an aggregate aboveground maximum storage or handling capacity greater than 100,000 gallons up to one million gallons of oil the fee is $2,155;
c. For a facility with an aggregate aboveground maximum storage or handling capacity of one million gallons or greater of oil the fee is $3,353; or
d. For a pipeline, the ODCP application fee shall be based on the average daily throughput of oil. Once that volume is determined, the ODCP application fee will be calculated per subdivisions a, b and c of this subdivision.
2. The fee for approval of a contingency plan encompassing more than one facility as described in 9VAC25-91-170 D shall be based on the aggregate aboveground storage capacity of the facilities.
3. Fees shall only be paid upon initial submittal of an oil discharge contingency plan by an operator. Renewals, additions, deletions or changes to the plan are not subject to the administrative fee.
4. Application fees are refundable upon receipt of a written request to withdraw the ODCP application provided the request is received no later than 30 days after submittal and prior to the department's review of the contingency plan.
5. Overpayments of application fees are refundable upon written request.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 18, eff. June 24, 1998; amended, Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 26, eff. November 1, 2015.