9VAC25-32-240. Minor modification.
A. Upon request of the permittee, or upon board initiative with the consent of the permittee, minor modifications may be made in the VPA permit without following the public involvement procedures.
B. Minor modification may only:
1. Correct typographical errors;
2. Require reporting by the permittee at a frequency other than that required in the VPA permit;
3. Change an interim compliance date in a schedule of compliance to no more than 120 days from the original compliance date and provided it will not interfere with the final compliance date;
4. Allow for a change in name, ownership or operational control when the board determines that no other change in the VPA permit is necessary, provided that a written agreement containing a specific date for transfer of VPA permit responsibility, coverage and liability from the current to the new permittee has been submitted to the department;
5. Delete the listing of a land application site when the pollutant management activity is terminated and does not result in an increase of pollutants which would exceed VPA permit limitations;
6. Reduce VPA permit limitations to reflect a reduction in the permitted activity when such reduction results from a shutdown of processes or pollutant generating activities or from connection of the permitted activity to a POTW;
7. Change plans and specifications where no other changes in the VPA permit are required;
8. Authorize treatment facility expansions, production increases or process modifications which will not cause a significant change in the quantity of pollutants being managed or a significant change in the nature of the pollutant management activity; or
9. Delete VPA permit limitation or monitoring requirements for specific pollutants when the activities generating these pollutants are terminated.
C. An application for any permit amendments to increase the acreage authorized by the initial permit shall not be considered a minor modification and shall require the public involvement procedures outlined in 9VAC25-32-140 C.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 20, eff. July 24, 1996; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2008; Volume 25, Issue 26, eff. September 30, 2009; Volume 29, Issue 24, eff. September 1, 2013.