9VAC25-31-70. Continuation of expiring permits.
A. The permit shall expire at the end of its term, except that the conditions of an expired permit continue in force until the effective date of a new permit if:
1. The permittee has submitted a timely application as required by this chapter, which is a complete application for a new permit; and
2. The board, through no fault of the permittee, does not issue a new permit with an effective date on or before the expiration date of the previous permit.
B. Permits continued under this section remain fully effective and enforceable.
C. When the permittee is not in compliance with the conditions of the expiring or expired permit the board may choose to do any or all of the following:
1. Initiate enforcement action based upon the permit which has been continued;
2. Issue a notice of intent to deny the new permit. If the permit is denied, the owner or operator would then be required to cease the activities authorized by the continued permit or be subject to enforcement action for operating without a permit;
3. Issue a new permit with appropriate conditions; or
4. Take other actions authorized by this chapter.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 20, eff. July 24, 1996.