9VAC25-31-280. Fact sheet.
A. A fact sheet shall be prepared for every draft permit for a major VPDES facility or activity, for every Class I sludge management facility, for every VPDES general permit, for every VPDES draft permit that incorporates a variance or requires an explanation under subsection B 8 of this section, for every draft permit that includes a biosolids land application under 9VAC25-31-100 D 2, and for every draft permit which the board finds is the subject of wide-spread public interest or raises major issues. The fact sheet shall briefly set forth the principal facts and the significant factual, legal, methodological and policy questions considered in preparing the draft permit. The board shall send this fact sheet to the applicant and, on request, to any other person.
B. The fact sheet shall include, when applicable:
1. A brief description of the type of facility or activity which is the subject of the draft permit;
2. The type and quantity of wastes, fluids, or pollutants which are proposed to be or are being treated, stored, disposed of, injected, emitted, or discharged;
3. A brief summary of the basis for the draft permit conditions including references to applicable statutory or regulatory provisions;
4. Reasons why any requested variances or alternatives to required standards do or do not appear justified;
5. A description of the procedures for reaching a final decision on the draft permit including:
a. The beginning and ending dates of the comment period for the draft permit and the address where comments will be received;
b. Procedures for requesting a public hearing and the nature of that hearing; and
c. Any other procedures by which the public may participate in the final decision;
6. Name and telephone number of a person to contact for additional information;
7. Any calculations or other necessary explanation of the derivation of specific effluent limitations and conditions or standards for biosolids use or sewage sludge disposal, including a citation to the applicable effluent limitation guideline, performance standard, or standard for biosolids use or sewage sludge disposal and reasons why they are applicable or an explanation of how the alternate effluent limitations were developed;
8. When the draft permit contains any of the following conditions, an explanation of the reasons why such conditions are applicable:
a. Limitations to control toxic pollutants;
b. Limitations on internal waste streams;
c. Limitations on indicator pollutants;
d. Technology-based or sewage sludge disposal limitations set on a case-by-case basis;
e. Limitations to meet the criteria for permit issuance under 9VAC25-31-50; or
f. Waivers from monitoring requirements granted under 9VAC25-31-220 A;
9. For every permit to be issued to a treatment works owned by a person other than a state or municipality, an explanation of the board's decision on regulation of users;
10. When appropriate, a sketch or detailed description of the location of the discharge or regulated activity described in the application; and
11. Justification of waiver of any application requirements under 9VAC25-31-100 J or P.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 20, eff. July 24, 1996; amended, Virginia Register Volume 16, Issue 25, eff. September 27, 2000; Volume 17, Issue 13, eff. April 11, 2001; Volume 29, Issue 24, eff. September 1, 2013.