9VAC25-220-150. Public notice of permit action and public comment period.
A. Every draft permit shall be given public notice paid for by the owner, by publication once in a newspaper of general circulation in the area affected by the withdrawal.
B. The board shall allow a period of at least 30 days following the date of the public notice for interested persons to submit written comments on the tentative decision and to request a public hearing.
C. The contents of the public notice of an application for a permit, or proposed permit action shall include:
1. Name and address of the applicant. If the location of the activity resulting in the withdrawal of water differs from the address of the applicant the notice shall also state the location of the withdrawal in sufficient detail such that the specific location may be easily identified;
2. Brief description of the business or activity to be conducted at the withdrawal site;
3. The name of the affected waterway;
4. A statement of the tentative determination to issue or deny a permit;
5. A brief description of the final determination procedure;
6. The address and phone number of a specific person at the state office from whom further information may be obtained; and
7. A brief description on how to submit comments and request a public hearing.
Chapter 24 (§ 62.1-242 et seq.) of Title 62.1 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from VR680-15-03 § 3.1, eff. June 3, 1992.