9VAC25-210-50. Prohibitions and requirements for VWP permits.
A. Except in compliance with a VWP permit, unless the activity is otherwise exempted or excluded, no person shall dredge, fill, or discharge any pollutant into, or adjacent to surface waters; withdraw surface water; otherwise alter the physical, chemical, or biological properties of state waters regulated under this chapter and make them detrimental to the public health, to animal or aquatic life, or to the uses of such waters for domestic or industrial consumption, for recreation, or for other uses; excavate in wetlands; or on or after October 1, 2001, conduct the following activities in a wetland:
1. New activities to cause draining that significantly alters or degrades existing wetland acreage or functions;
2. Filling or dumping;
3. Permanent flooding or impounding; or
4. New activities that cause significant alteration or degradation of existing wetland acreage or functions.
B. No VWP permit shall be issued:
1. Where the proposed activity or the terms or conditions of the VWP permit do not comply with state law or regulations including, but not limited to, § 10.1-1408.5 of the Code of Virginia;
2. For the discharge of any radiological, chemical, or biological warfare agent or high level radioactive material into surface waters.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 401 of the Clean Water Act (33 USC § 1251 et seq.).
Derived from VR680-15-02 § 1.5, eff. May 20, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 16, Issue 25, eff. September 27, 2000; Volume 17, Issue 21, eff. August 1, 2001; Volume 23, Issue 21, eff. July 25, 2007; Volume 25, Issue 5, eff. December 10, 2008; Volume 32, Issue 21, eff. August 2, 2016.