9VAC25-210-170. Public notice of hearing.
A. Public notice of any public hearing held pursuant to 9VAC25-210-160 shall be circulated as follows:
1. Notice shall be published once in a newspaper of general circulation in the county or city where the activity is to occur; and
2. Notice of the public hearing shall be sent to all persons and government agencies that received a copy of the notice of VWP permit application and to those persons requesting a public hearing or having commented in response to the public notice.
B. Notice shall be effected pursuant to subdivisions A 1 and 2 of this section at least 30 days in advance of the public hearing.
C. The content of the public notice of any public hearing held pursuant to 9VAC25-210-160 shall include at least the following:
1. Name and mailing address of each person whose application will be considered at the public hearing and a brief description of the person's activities or operations including information on the number of acres of wetlands and the number of linear feet of streams affected, a description of the nature of the withdrawal and the amount of the withdrawal; as well as the name of the receiving waterway and the name of the affected watershed;
2. The precise location of the proposed activity and the surface waters that will, or may, be affected including, where possible, reference to route numbers, road intersections, map coordinates or similar information;
3. Description of what the applicant plans to do to compensate for the affected area;
4. A brief reference to the public notice issued for the VWP permit application or permit action, including the permit application number and date of issuance, unless the public notice includes the public hearing notice;
5. Information regarding the time and location for the public hearing;
6. The purpose of the public hearing;
7. A concise statement of the relevant water quality, or fish and wildlife resource issues raised by the persons requesting the public hearing;
8. Contact person and the mailing address, email address, name of the Department of Environmental Quality regional office and phone number of the DEQ office at which the interested persons may obtain further information or request a copy of the draft VWP permit prepared pursuant to 9VAC25-210-120; and
9. A brief reference to the rules and procedures to be followed at the public hearing.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 401 of the Clean Water Act (33 USC § 1251 et seq.).
Derived from VR680-15-02 § 3.1, eff. May 20, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 21, eff. August 1, 2001; Volume 23, Issue 21, eff. July 25, 2007; Volume 32, Issue 21, eff. August 2, 2016.