9VAC25-194-60. Registration statement.
A. Deadlines for submitting registration statements. Any owner seeking coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete VPDES general permit registration statement in accordance with this section, which shall serve as a notice of intent for coverage under the general VPDES permit for vehicle wash facilities and laundry facilities.
1. New facilities. Any owner proposing a new discharge shall submit a complete registration statement at least 30 days prior to the date planned for commencement of the discharge.
2. Existing facilities.
a. Any owner covered by an individual VPDES permit that is proposing to be covered by this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement at least 240 days prior to the expiration date of the individual VPDES permit.
b. Any owner that was authorized to discharge under the general VPDES permit for vehicle wash facilities (9VAC25-194) that became effective on October 16, 2012, and that intends to continue coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement to the board prior to September 15, 2017.
c. Any owner of a vehicle wash facility covered under this permit that had a monthly average flow rate of less than 5,000 gallons per day, and the flow rate increases above a monthly average flow rate of 5,000 gallons per day, shall submit an amended registration statement within 30 days of the increased flow.
B. Late registration statements. Registration statements for existing facilities covered under subdivision A 2 b of this section will be accepted after October 15, 2017, but authorization to discharge will not be retroactive. Owners described in subdivision A 2 b of this section that submit registration statements after September 15, 2017, are authorized to discharge under the provisions of 9VAC25-194-50 E if a complete registration statement is submitted before October 16, 2017.
C. The required registration statement shall contain the following information:
1. Facility name and mailing address, owner name and mailing address, telephone number, and email address (if available);
2. Facility street address (if different from mailing address);
3. Facility operator (local contact) name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) if different than owner;
4. Does the facility discharge to surface waters? If "yes," name of receiving stream; if "no," describe the discharge;
5. Does the facility discharge to a municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4)? If "yes," the facility owner must notify the owner of the municipal separate storm sewer system of the existence of the discharge at the time of registration under this permit and include that notification with the registration statement. The notice shall include the following information: the name of the facility, a contact person and phone number, the location of the discharge, the nature of the discharge, and the facility's VPDES general permit number;
6. Does the facility have a current VPDES Permit? If "yes," provide permit number;
7. Does your locality require connection to central wastewater treatment facilities?
8. Are central wastewater treatment facilities available to serve the site? If "yes," the option of discharging to the central wastewater facility must be evaluated and the result of that evaluation reported here;
9. A USGS 7.5 minute topographic map or equivalent computer generated map showing the facility discharge location(s) and receiving stream;
10. Provide a brief description of the type of washing activity. Include (as applicable) the type of vehicles washed, number of vehicle washing bays, and the number of laundry machines;
11. Highest average monthly flow rate for each washing activity or combined washing activity, reported as gallons per day;
12. Facility line (water balance) drawing;
13. Description of wastewater treatment or stormwater inlet protection measures;
14. Information on use of chemicals at the facility. Include detergents, soaps, waxes, and other chemicals;
15. Will detergent used for washing vehicles contain more than 0.5% phosphorus by weight? and
16. The following certification:
"I certify under penalty of law that this document and all attachments were prepared under my direction or supervision in accordance with a system designed to assure that qualified personnel properly gather and evaluate the information submitted. Based on my inquiry of the person or persons who manage the system or those persons directly responsible for gathering the information, the information submitted is to the best of my knowledge and belief true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information including the possibility of fine and imprisonment for knowing violations."
The registration statement shall be signed in accordance with 9VAC25-31-110 of the VPDES Permit Regulation.
D. The registration statement shall be delivered by either postal or electronic mail to the DEQ regional office serving the area where the facility is located.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 402 of the Clean Water Act; 40 CFR Parts 122, 123, and 124.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 26, eff. October 15, 1997; amended, Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 19, eff. October 15, 2002; Volume 28, Issue 18, eff. October 16, 2012; Volume 33, Issue 26, eff. October 16, 2017.