9VAC25-193-60. Registration statement.
A. Deadlines for submitting registration statement. Any owner seeking coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete VPDES general permit registration statement in accordance with this section, which shall serve as a notice of intent for coverage under the general VPDES permit for concrete products facilities.
1. New facilities. Any owner proposing a new discharge shall submit a complete registration statement at least 60 days prior to the date planned for commencement of the discharge or a later submittal established by the board.
2. Existing facilities.
a. Any owner covered by an individual VPDES permit that is proposing to be covered by this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement at least 240 days prior to the expiration date of the individual VPDES permit.
b. Any owner that was authorized to discharge under the expiring general VPDES permit and who intends to continue coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement to the board at least 60 days prior to the expiration date of the existing permit or a later submittal established by the board.
B. Late registration statements. Registration statements for existing facilities covered under subdivision A 2 b of this section will be accepted after the expiration date of this permit, but authorization to discharge will not be retroactive.
C. The required registration statement shall contain the following information:
1. Facility name and address, owner name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address (if available);
2. Operator or other contact name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address (if available) if different from owner;
3. Facility's Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes;
4. Nature of business at facility;
5. Indicate if the facility is proposed or existing; if the facility has a current VPDES or VPA Permit; and Permit Numbers for any current VPDES or VPA Permits;
6. Description of the wastewater treatment or reuse or recycle systems;
7. Indicate if there are any process wastewater, commingled process wastewater, and stormwater or stormwater treatment units designed to operate as "no discharge";
8. If settling basins are used for treatment and control of process wastewater or commingled process wastewater and stormwater, indicate the original date of construction, and describe the materials lining the process or commingled settling basins;
9. Indicate if there are vehicle or equipment degreasing activities performed on site. If yes, indicate if there is any process wastewater generated from these activities;
10. Description of any measures employed to reclaim, reuse, or dispose of the residual concrete materials;
11. A schematic drawing that shows the sources of water used on the property, the industrial operations contributing to or using water, the conceptual design of the methods of treatment and disposal of wastewater and solids, and the stormwater pollution prevention plan site map (see 9VAC25-193-70 Part II F 6 c);
12. A USGS 7.5 minute topographic map or equivalent computer generated map, extending to at least one mile beyond property boundary, which shows the property boundary, the location of each of its existing and proposed intake and discharge points, and the locations of any wells, springs, and other surface water bodies;
13. Discharge outfall information, including outfall numbers, description of wastewater discharged from each outfall, estimated flow (gallons per day), receiving water bodies, duration and frequency of each discharge (hours per day and days per week), and latitude and longitude of outfall location;
14. Indicate which stormwater outfalls will be representative outfalls (if any). For stormwater outfalls that are to be represented by other outfall discharges, provide the following:
a. The locations of the outfalls;
b. Why the outfalls are expected to discharge substantially identical effluents including, where available, evaluation of monitoring data;
c. Estimates of the size of the drainage area (in square feet) for each of the outfalls; and
d. An estimate of the runoff coefficient of the drainage areas (low: under 40%; medium: 40% to 65%; high: above 65%);
15. Indicate if a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan has been prepared;
16. Whether the facility will discharge to a municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4). If "yes," the facility owner shall notify the MS4 owner of the existence of the discharge at the time of registration under this permit and include that notification with the registration statement. The notification shall include the following information: the name of the facility, a contact person and contact information, the location of the discharge, the nature of the discharge, and the facility's VPDES general permit number (if assigned by DEQ);
17. For portable concrete products operations, submit a closure plan and include the requirements specified by the operation and maintenance manual in 9VAC25-193-70 Part I B 8 a (4) of the permit;
18. For applicants other than a sole proprietor, the State Corporation Commission entity identification number; and
19. The following certification: "I hereby grant to duly authorized agents of the Department of Environmental Quality, upon presentation of credentials, permission to enter the property where the treatment works is located for the purpose of determining compliance with or the suitability of coverage under the General Permit. I certify under penalty of law that this document and all attachments were prepared under my direction or supervision in accordance with a system designed to assure that qualified personnel properly gather and evaluate the information submitted. Based on my inquiry of the person or persons who manage the system or those persons directly responsible for gathering the information, the information submitted is to the best of my knowledge and belief true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information including the possibility of fine and imprisonment for knowing violations."
D. The registration statement shall be signed in accordance with the requirements of 9VAC25-31-110 of the VPDES Permit Regulation.
E. Where to submit. The registration statement shall be delivered by either postal or electronic mail to the DEQ regional office serving the area where the facility is located.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 402 of the Clean Water Act; 40 CFR Parts 122, 123, and 124.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 24, eff. October 1, 1998; amended, Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 23, eff. October 1, 2003; Volume 22, Issue 9, eff. February 8, 2006; Volume 29, Issue 16, eff. October 1, 2013; Errata, 29:17 VA.R. 2192 April 22, 2013; amended, Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 5, eff. January 1, 2019.