9VAC25-191-40. Registration statement.
A. In order to be covered under the general permit, the owner shall file a complete VPDES Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation General Permit registration statement or a VPA Animal Feeding Operation General Permit registration statement. The registration statement submitted shall include the following information:
1. The name, location, and mailing address of the facility;
2. The latitude and longitude of the production area (entrance to production area);
3. The name, mailing address, and telephone number of the owner and operator;
4. The name and telephone number of a contact person other than the operator, if applicable;
5. The best time of day and day of the week to contact the operator or contact person;
6. If the facility has an existing VPA or VPDES permit, the permit number;
7. The method of mortality management;
8. A topographic map of the geographic area in which the CAFO is located showing the specific location of the production area;
9. Specific information about the maximum number, average weight of and type of animals, whether in open confinement or housed under roof (beef cattle, broilers, layers, swine weighing 55 pounds or more, swine weighing less than 55 pounds, mature dairy cows, dairy heifers, veal calves, sheep and lambs, horses, ducks, turkeys, other);
10. The type of containment and storage (anaerobic lagoon, roofed storage shed, storage ponds, underfloor pits, above ground storage tanks, below ground storage tanks, concrete pad, impervious soil pad, other) and total capacity for manure, litter, and process wastewater storage (tons/gallons);
11. The total number of acres under control of the applicant available for land application of manure, litter, or process wastewater;
12. Estimated amounts of manure, litter, and process wastewater generated per year (tons/gallons); and
13. Estimated amounts of poultry waste transferred to other persons per year (tons).
B. The applicant shall attach to the registration statement a copy of the facility's approved nutrient management plan and a letter from the Department of Conservation and Recreation certifying approval of the facility's nutrient management plan and if the nutrient management plan was written after December 31, 2005, that the facility's nutrient management plan was developed by a certified nutrient management planner in accordance with § 10.1-104.2 of the Code of Virginia.
C. The registration statement shall include the following certification: "I certify that notice of the registration statement has been given to all owners or residents of property that adjoins the property on which the concentrated animal feeding operation will be located. This notice included the types and numbers of animals that will be maintained at the facility and the address and phone number of the appropriate Department of Environmental Quality regional office to which comments relevant to the permit may be submitted. (The preceding certification is waived if the registration is for renewing coverage under a permit and no expansion of the operation is proposed and the department has not issued any special or consent order relating to violations under the existing permit. This notice is also waived for poultry operations except those that propose construction of new poultry growing houses after December 1, 2000.) I certify under penalty of law that all the requirements of the board for the general permit are being met and that this document and all attachments were prepared under my direction or supervision in accordance with a system designed to assure that qualified personnel properly gather and evaluate the information submitted. Based on my inquiry of the person or persons who manage the system or those persons directly responsible for gathering the information, the information submitted is to the best of my knowledge and belief true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information including the possibility of fine and imprisonment for knowing violations."
D. Where to submit. The registration statement shall be submitted to the DEQ Regional Office that serves the area where the concentrated animal feeding operation is located.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 2, eff. November 3, 2004.