9VAC25-190-60. Registration statement.
A. The owner seeking coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete VPDES general permit registration statement in accordance with this section, which shall serve as a notice of intent for coverage under the general VPDES permit for nonmetallic mineral mining facilities.
1. New facilities. Any owner proposing a discharge shall submit a complete registration statement at least 45 days prior to the date planned for commencement of the discharge.
2. Existing facilities.
a. Any owner covered by an individual VPDES permit that is proposing to be covered by this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement at least 210 days prior to the expiration date of the individual VPDES permit.
b. Any owner that was authorized to discharge under the VPDES general permit for nonmetallic mineral mining that became effective on July 1, 2009, and that intends to continue coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement to the board on or before April 1, 2014.
B. Late registration statements. Registration statements for existing facilities covered under subdivision A 2 b of this section will be accepted after June 30, 2014, but authorization to discharge will not be retroactive. Owners described in subdivision A 2 b of this section that submit registration statements after April 1, 2014, are authorized to discharge under the provisions of 9VAC25-190-50 D if a complete registration statement is submitted before July 1, 2014.
C. The required registration statement shall contain the following information:
1. Facility owner and operator or other contact name, address, email address, and telephone number;
2. Facility name, county, location, latitude, and longitude;
3. Description of mining activity;
4. Primary and secondary SIC codes;
5. Discharge information including:
a. A list of outfalls identified by outfall numbers;
b. Characterization of the type of each listed outfall's discharge as either process wastewater, stormwater, or process wastewater commingled with stormwater;
c. Characterization of the source of each listed outfall's discharge as either mine pit dewatering, stormwater associated with industrial activity (see definition in 9VAC25-190-10), stormwater not associated with industrial activity, ground water infiltration, wastewater from vehicle or equipment degreasing activities, vehicle washing and return water from operations where mined material is dredged, mined material washing, noncontact cooling water, miscellaneous plant cleanup wastewater, colocated facility discharges (identify the colocated facility), other discharges not listed here (describe), or any combination of the above;
d. The receiving stream, including wetlands for each outfall listed;
e. The latitude and longitude for each outfall listed; and
f. Indicate which stormwater outfalls will be representative outfalls that require a single discharge monitoring report (DMR). For stormwater outfalls that are to be represented by other outfall discharges, provide a description of the activities associated with those outfalls and explain why they are substantially the same as the representative outfall to be sampled;
6. Indicate if the facility has a current VPDES permit and the permit number if it does;
7. Description of wastewater treatment or reuse/recycle systems or both;
8. List of any chemicals added to water that could be discharged;
9. List of colocated facilities;
10. Indicate if the facility is a hazardous waste treatment, storage or disposal facility;
11. Schematic drawing showing water flow from source to water-using industrial operations to waste treatment and disposal, and disposal of any solids removed from wastewater;
12. Aerial photo or scale map that clearly shows the property boundaries, plant site, drainage areas associated with each outfall, locations of all mine pit dewatering, existing, significant sources of materials exposed to precipitation, stormwater or process wastewater outfalls and the receiving streams;
13. Evidence that the operation to be covered by this general permit has a mining permit that has been approved by the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy, Division of Mineral Mining (or associated waivered program) under the provisions and requirements of Title 45.1 of the Code of Virginia (or appropriate bordering state authorization). Mineral mines owned and operated by governmental bodies not subject to the provisions and requirements of Title 45.1 of the Code of Virginia are exempt from this requirement;
14. Mining permit number;
15. Whether the permitted outfall will discharge to a municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4). If so, provide the name of the MS4 owner. The owner of the facility shall notify the MS4 owner in writing of the existence of the discharge within 30 days of coverage under the general permit and shall copy the DEQ regional office with the notification. The notification shall include the following information: the name of the facility, a contact person and phone number, the location of the discharge, the nature of the discharge, and the facility's VPDES general permit number;
16. Indicate if there are vehicle or equipment degreasing activities performed on site. If yes, indicate if there is any process wastewater generated from these activities;
17. Monitoring data to determine compliance with 9VAC25-260-310 m (Chickahominy special standards) as per Part I B 14 of this permit;
18. Provide certification that the process water system is designed to operate as "no discharge" if special condition Part I B 17 is to apply to the facility. Identify the emergency outfall number; and
19. The following certification:
"I certify under penalty of law that this document and all attachments were prepared under my direction or supervision in accordance with a system designed to assure that qualified personnel properly gather and evaluate the information submitted. Based on my inquiry of the person or persons who manage the system or those persons directly responsible for gathering the information, the information submitted is to the best of my knowledge and belief true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information including the possibility of fine and imprisonment for knowing violations."
D. The registration statement shall be signed in accordance with 9VAC25-31-110.
E. Where to submit. The registration statement may be delivered to the department by either postal or electronic mail and shall be submitted to the DEQ regional office serving the area where the industrial facility is located.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 402 of the Clean Water Act; 40 CFR Parts 122, 123, and 124.
Derived from VR680-14-20 § 6, eff. June 30, 1994; amended, Virginia Register Volume 15, Issue 16, eff. June 30, 1999; Volume 20, Issue 16, eff. July 1, 2004; Volume 25, Issue 19, eff. June 24, 2009; Volume 30, Issue 11, eff. July 1, 2014.