9VAC25-115-40. Registration statement.
A. Deadlines for submitting registration statement. Any owner seeking coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete general VPDES permit registration statement in accordance with this chapter, which shall serve as a notice of intent for coverage under the general VPDES permit for seafood processing facilities.
1. New facilities. Any owner proposing a new discharge shall submit a complete registration statement to the board at least 30 days prior to the date planned for commencement of the discharge.
2. Existing facilities.
a. Any owner of an existing seafood processing facility covered by an individual VPDES permit that is proposing to be covered by this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement at least 240 days prior to the expiration date of the individual VPDES permit.
b. Any owner that was authorized to discharge under the general VPDES permit for seafood processing facilities that became effective on July 24, 2011, and that intends to continue coverage under this general permit shall submit a complete registration statement to the board on or before June 24, 2016.
c. Any owner of an existing seafood processing facility adding a new process after coverage under the general permit is obtained shall submit an amended registration statement to the board at least 30 days prior to commencing operation of the new process.
3. Late registration statements. Registration statements for existing facilities covered under subdivision 2 b of this subsection will be accepted after July 23, 2016, but authorization to discharge will not be retroactive. Owners described in subdivision 2 b of this subsection that submit registration statements after June 24, 2016, are authorized to discharge under the provisions of 9VAC25-115-30 D if a complete registration statement is submitted before July 24, 2016.
B. The registration statement shall contain the following information:
1. Facility name, owner name, mailing address, email address (where available), and telephone number;
2. Facility street address (if different from mailing address);
3. Facility operator name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number if different than owner;
4. Does the facility discharge to surface waters? Name of receiving stream or streams if yes and, if no, describe the discharge or discharges;
5. Does the facility have a current VPDES Permit? Include the permit number if yes;
6. The original date of construction of the seafood processing facility building and dates and description of all subsequent facility construction;
7. A U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5 minute topographic map or other equivalent computer generated map with sufficient resolution to clearly show the facility location, the discharge location or locations, and the receiving water body;
8. Facility SIC code or codes;
9. Nature of business at the facility;
10. Discharge outfall information including seafood process, receiving stream, discharge flow, and days per year of discharge for each outfall;
11. Facility maximum production information;
12. Facility line (water balance) drawing;
13. Discharge and outfall descriptions for different seafood processes that operate simultaneously;
14. Treatment and solid waste disposal information;
15. Information on use of chemicals at the facility; and
16. The following certification: "I certify under penalty of law that this document and all attachments were prepared under my direction or supervision in accordance with a system designed to assure that qualified personnel properly gather and evaluate the information submitted. Based on my inquiry of the person or persons who manage the system or those persons directly responsible for gathering the information, the information submitted is to the best of my knowledge and belief true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information including the possibility of fine and imprisonment for knowing violations."
The registration statement shall be signed in accordance with 9VAC25-31-110 of the VPDES Permit Regulation.
C. The registration statement may be delivered to the department by either postal or electronic mail and shall be submitted to the DEQ regional office serving the area where the seafood processing facility is located.
§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 402 of the Clean Water Act; 40 CFR Parts 122, 123, and 124.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 20, eff. July 24, 1996; amended, Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 16, eff. July 24, 2001; Volume 22, Issue 9, eff. February 8, 2006; Volume 27, Issue 12, eff. July 24, 2011; Volume 32, Issue 5, eff. July 24, 2016.