8VAC20-131-220. Role of professional teaching staff.
The professional teaching staff shall be responsible for providing instruction that is educationally sound in an atmosphere of mutual respect and courtesy, which is conducive to learning, and in which all students are expected to achieve the objectives of the Standards of Learning for the appropriate grade level or course. The staff shall:
1. Serve as role models for effective oral and written communication with special attention to the use of standard English;
2. Strive to strengthen the basic skills of students in all subjects and to close any achievement gaps among groups of students in the school;
3. Establish teaching objectives to achieve the following:
a. Identify what students are expected to learn; and
b. Inform students of the achievement expected and keep them engaged in learning tasks;
4. Provide for individual differences of students through the use of differentiated instruction, varied materials, and activities suitable to their interests and abilities; and
5. Assess the progress of students and report promptly and constructively to them and their parents.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 1, eff. October 29, 1997; amended, Virginia Register Volume 16, Issue 25, eff. September 28, 2000; Volume 34, Issue 8, eff. January 11, 2018.