1VAC50-20-600. Boundary line adjustment.
In developing its findings of fact and recommendations with respect to a proposed boundary line adjustment, the commission shall consider the information, data, and factors listed in this section. The localities petitioning for a boundary line adjustment under the provisions of § 15.2-3109 of the Code of Virginia shall, separately or jointly, at the time they initiate such petition to the court, submit to the commission data and other evidence responsive to each element listed in this section that is relevant to the boundary line adjustment.
1. A written metes and bounds description of the precise segment of the boundary for which an adjustment is sought having, as a minimum, sufficient certainty to enable a layman to identify the boundary segment in question. The description may make reference to readily identifiable monuments such as public roads, rivers, streams, railroad rights of way, and similar discernible physical features.
2. A map or maps showing: (i) the precise segment of the boundary that the parties agree should be adjusted; (ii) identifiable unincorporated communities; (iii) major streets, highways, schools, and other major public facilities; (iv) significant geographic features, including mountains and bodies of water; (v) existing uses of the land, including residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural; and (vi) information deemed relevant as to the possible future use of the land.
3. The estimated past, the estimated current, and the projected future population and population density of all areas adjacent to the segment of the boundary proposed for adjustment and of other areas possibly affected by the proposed boundary line adjustment.
4. A land-use table showing both the acreage and percentage of land currently devoted to the various categories of land use in all areas adjacent to the segment of the boundary proposed for adjustment and in other areas possibly affected by the proposed boundary line adjustment.
5. The past, the estimated current, and the projected future number of public school students enrolled in the public schools and the number of school-age children living in all areas adjacent to the segment of the boundary proposed for adjustment and in other areas possibly affected by the proposed boundary line adjustment.
6. The assessed and true real property values, by major classification of those areas adjacent to the segment of the boundary proposed for adjustment and of any other area possibly affected by the proposed adjustment and other fiscal data relative to the issue.
7. Maps indicating the principal alternative boundary line adjustments which have been considered by the parties and a brief statement as to how each alternative adjustment would promote the effective and efficient provision of public services.
8. Information as to why the proposed boundary line adjustment is sought by the parties.
9. The commission's staff shall endeavor to assist localities contemplating or involved in proposed boundary line adjustments by identifying additional data elements considered by the commission to be relevant in the disposition of boundary line adjustment issues.
§ 15.2-2903 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from VR445-01-02 § 4.7, eff. November 1, 1984; amended, Virginia Register Volume 22, Issue 26, eff. October 4, 2006.