- Bills & Resolutions
- Bill Summaries
Constitution of Virginia
- Code of Virginia
- Virginia Administrative Code
State agency rules
- Reports to the General Assembly
House and Senate documents
Developed and maintained by the Division of Legislative Automated Systems.
Convenes March 24, 2014
- Bills & Resolutions: Status of individual bills and related information
- General Assembly Members: Member sponsored legislation
- Standing Committees: Legislation referred to committee
- State Budget: Budget bills, committees and summaries
- Daily Floor Calendars: Legislative agendas
- Communications: Legislation communicated between houses
- House Minutes / Senate Minutes: Record of floor sessions
- Meetings: House and Senate committee meeting schedule
- Statistics: Session statistics
- Lobbyist-in-a-Box: Subscription-based bill tracking service
- Cumulative Index: Subject index of bills and resolutions
The New Virginia Law Portal
Visit the Virginia Law portal »
The Virginia Law Portal brings together the legal publications that comprise "Virginia Law." The portal will replace the existing Code of Virginia, Administrative Code and Constitution applications on the current LIS website. The newly designed portal adds Compacts, Charters, Authorities, and Uncodified Acts to the law resources available for searching and navigating.
Users can search across or within these resources to find content based on keywords and phrases; subjects, agencies, and other selected meta data. Portal content is designed to be easily accessed by any mobile or deskbound device. Future development will make data available for download through FTP, web services, and user-defined reporting options. We also plan to display what actions are currently underway to amend the laws of Virginia.
Please use the feedback button on the new website to let us know what you think. Your feedback will help us determine what updates we need to make when finishing up our development.